Ever wondered what a Dorobo Ice Wave looks like?

So if you've read any of my newest novel Dorobo you'll know that the Earth has gone through some ridiculous changes due to the sun burning out.  One of these destroys entire cities--nations, even--in just moments: ice waves.  Gigantic waves erupted from the ocean, swallowing up land and freezing everything in its wake.

Sound a little outlandish?  Maybe not as much as you think...


While this wave of ice is on a much smaller scale than Dorobo illustrates, it's absolutely terrifying to watch this wave creep into this person's home.  I couldn't even imagine...

Here's another video I found after spending way too much time on YouTube watching Storm Chasing videos... ;)


Wicked cool...

...pun intended.

My wonderful beta reader emailed me this afternoon, attaching the first link.  She mentioned that not only did the video help her envision the ice waves in Dorobo, it made the scenarios depicted during my version of the apocalypse seem more realistic (how cool!).   Thank you Serena!

http://poetreeandbooks.blogspot.com/  <--- check out my beta reader's blogspot!!

Comments

  1. You're very welcome! That second video is crazy--the ice moves so much faster and higher!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts