Life Updates: Things I've learned about myself recently

1.  I do well when I have a goal.
2.  I write lists for everything.  And if it's not written down it's clogging up space in my brain and probably causing me a lot of anxiety. 
3.  I do well when I have a specific goal.  A specific goal that is written down.
4.  I love to write.  I hate to write about myself. 
5.  Admissions essays for graduate programs make me write about myself.  A lot. 
6.  I miss writing fiction.  I've started a few stories since completing the "fun part" of Dorobo: Dark Days... a.k.a. prior to editing... but I haven't really stuck one out yet. 
7.  When something's not finished I cannot move on.  Like my lists... things must occur in order for me to feel closure.  For example: Dorobo: Dark Days is not yet published, nor does it have a set-in-stone release date, thus I cannot move on from it and fully commit to a new story (ahhh so sad... seriously).
8.  I need a Halloween Costume... it's like right around the corner.  Not good.
9.  Nutrisystem is awesome... and due to the fact that I have a weight goal and a firm plan (that I'm paying for) I'm losing weight and exercising regularly.  Not that far off from my goal, I don't consider myself overweight, but I do have difficultly maintaining a weight I'm fully comfortable with.  (See?  I need a goal.... a written, in concrete, set in stone goal.)
10.  I write way too many lists. 


**Thought you ought to know** /faints


11.  Oh, and hockey is back so life can now resume.

Comments

Popular Posts