A Breath of Fresh Air

How incredible it is to receive positive feedback!  I can't express in words how wonderful it feels to receive positive affirmation from a reader.  I would like to start off with a Thank You!  And now I will reveal my level of immaturity by admitting to participating in a "happy dance" for at least an hour after happening upon your lovely review.  It wasn't just with elation that I celebrated, it was with a huge breath of relief!  

If you (wonderful reviewer, you) did spend some time wandering through previous blog posts then I'm sure you understand why exactly I feel this relief.  I've spent a lot of time resenting the end result of Incompatible because of how much romance weaseled itself into the pages.  I have been kicking myself for how much of a predominant theme love became, especially considering that what I really wanted to create was a dystopian sci-fi.  Yes, the love story is inescapable, obviously if you've got a baby in the picture, but that's not what it started out as.  Many authors will tell you, and now I finally understand: sometimes the characters just run away with the story!  And in this case, darling Ruby flowed through the pen of her own accord.  I couldn't stop her, I tell you!!  Now to see that the plot and real conundrums brought on by this "utopian" society were not lost on a reader has made it all worth while. 

Rather off-topic, but need to get it out:  And to you (negative reviewer, you), while the real issues that should have been dealt with were not addressed in the novel, keep in mind the fragile character who is your protagonist... being that Ruby is shy, "genetically lacks" liveliness and social boldness (and has come to accept this about herself), do you really think any of the core issues brought on by this civilization are going to be addressed or resolved in one 77,000 word novel? Of course not!  :)

Again, thank you so much for your kind words, I will continue to post about my free promotion days and leave updates about Ineffable!  When the time does come that Ineffable is completed and available, I'll be sure to inform you all of those free promotion days as well - I could always use more reviewers and readers, free promo days are my favorite!  

Please, feel free to write to me in comments or even communicate with me through Shelfari, I love feedback.  Positive and/or constructive.  Opinions and/or questions.  

Hope everyone's 2013 has started wonderfully!

INEFFABLE UPDATE: 93,700 words... and first copy PRINTED!  (Still lacking a full conclusion, but some editing is required before the finale... which of course I like to do on paper - eww I don't like staring at a computer screen as a means of reading!) 

Comments

Popular Posts