A Quote That I Wrote...

Not trying to be narcissistic or anything, this was just a clever way to say I'm going to share a quote from later in Dorobo ;) 

This is also to celebrate the most recent 5 STAR review Incompatible received today!

BTW: not telling you whose perspective it's in, just throwing a random, earth-shattering quote out into the world.

....

"I unload the cartridge.

I can’t tear my eyes away from the man’s insides that ooze slowly around my feet; encircling me in the slow moving, red-ish blue of partially-oxygenated blood.  He lies there dead, unmoving, guts strewn across the center of the street.  No one stops.  No one speaks.  No one… cares.

My eyelids are sucked closed and I swallow my bitter disappointment with myself.  With the world. 

This is the selfishness of the world I live in.  And I embody the flaw as much as the lakes of self-serving zombies around me. 

I rip my eyes away from the death.  I run from the street, hand burning where the metal of the unreasonable weapon touches my palm.  When I find the nearest wall I thrust the empty gun against the red-orange bricks with all the strength I can muster; screaming in agony and fear at my epiphany.  The pieces of the firearm shatter and make ear-splitting scraping noises as they drag down the wall."

....

Comments

Popular Posts