Beta Reader Blast!!!

Julie

Thank you Julie for taking the time to read through Dorobo!  You had a lot of wonderful, encouraging comments and I loved your questions at the end.  I'm really itching for the opportunity to tweak my manuscript right now, especially looking over some of Julie's questions about conclusions that weren't so conclusive in the novel.  But I can't wait to add a few details in once I regain creative control (not that I'm complaining!!!)! 

Thanks again Julie, you were lots of help, I hope to work with you again in the future :)




**Sorry, recent obsession with Supernatural has left me swooning over Dean on the reg**
 
A voice rings behind me, a maskless sound.  “I thought you didn’t make it.”  It is Gen; I see his round face reflected in the glass.  He’s grown his orange-red hair out, just a few inches.  He’s maintained his slightly plump weight, which is surprising in this day and age.  He’s had it good these past few months. 

I don’t turn around; instead I stare out the glass, right through Gen’s reflection, and watch the dirt pass us by.  I flip the switch on the O2 cartridge and the cool minty flavor fills my lungs. 

I decide to leave my mask on.  I’m not sure how I’ll react to him, I’m not sure I’ll want him privy to the resentment written on my face.  He confirmed me dead.  After leaving me behind.  “We all made it.” 
-Dorobo

Comments

Popular Posts