Spreading The Word

Today marks one month since the original posting of INCOMPATIBLE and I must say it's been quite the learning experience indeed!  As a newly-inducted member of the published community I have been able to get into contact with fellow authors and self-pub people who have pointed me in so many useful directions.  Some marketing is in order for sure.

Why I haven't made any attempts isn't simple.  Not only did I not know where to start or how to search for opportunities, I think fear itself is quite prevalent in my mind.  The dread of an impending poor review, being turned away, laughed at and rejected are all fears every individual must face (maybe that's why I chose to self-publish...).  Either way, just as I took a leap of faith and posted this puppy on KDP before changing my mind, it's time for me to tell some people about my book (I mean people other than close friends and family members - and let's be clear, I didn't even really tell my extended family about it.  I have received many-a-scolding from disgruntled aunts and uncles, fact.).

I sent out information to two newspapers this afternoon, and who knows? maybe I'll receive some responses soon!  Here's to hoping!  If the Mercury News and Sacramento Bee don't respond then I'll start smaller...  I'll wait until my wonderful illustrator is back at his post at the Spartan Daily (when school resumes) and bombard him with requests to be recognized by the University I graduated from.

As soon as I hear back from them (and even if I don't) I'll post about it!

<3 me

Comments

Popular Posts